Canadian Lime Institute represents all merchant lime producers operating in Canada. Our mission is to pursue and promote interests common to members and the lime industry.
The merchant lime producers of Canada contribute to Canadian society by:
- Providing steady, long term, well paying employment in rural regions across Canada
- Providing a proportionally high level of employment to aboriginal peoples
- Providing lime for water treatment in over 150 cities, towns, rural communities, and aboriginal communities across Canada
- Providing just-in-time delivery of lime products essential to municipal and environmental rehabilitation customers across Canada
- Providing an essential raw material to industrial consumers such as the steel, mining and pulp and paper industries